ka24e tick. Advanced edition!

Bush

So I did a ka24e swap into my 720. It has horrible tick, like its mistaken for a diesel. I have a new timing chain set and guides in it, and when i installed it I made sure the oil passages were clean. I have pulled my rockers apart, replaced two that were seized and didnt want to stop that behavior. The remainder were all cleaned and polished with the dremel, cleaned again and i soaked them in oil and primed them until they quit making air bubbles. I didnt notice a bit of a difference.

One thing Ive dont to my truck, because its airbagged and soon to be body dropped, I have the motor mounted real low, so I had to take 1/2 an inch out of the lowest two humps in the truck pan, and out of the pickup, so it didnt bounce off the ground. I run just a hair under 4 qts of oil. Currently 10w40 with STP, but ive also tried 10w30 and 5w30. I used a buddies snap on oil pressure gauge at the factory location, and it read dead on to whatever the specs were supposed to be (it was a couple weeks ago, i dont remember).

Any ideas? The truck runs like a champ, its just loud as hell.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Warm the engine and set to TDC compression on #1 and wiggle all the rocker arms on #1, intakes on #2, Exhaust on #3 Rotate one full turn to TDC and wiggle exhaust on #2, intakes on #3 and all valves on #4. You are looking for one valve with excessive clearance.