License Plate Light?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no 12V bulb is supposed to burn out immediately, so it seems there is some sort of problem. Maybe excessive vibration?

Is the bulb you used marked 12V? A 620 license bulb is a standard Type 97 12V 10-watt from generic parts store or 26716-89900 from your Nissan dealer.

no 12V bulb is supposed to burn out immediately, so it seems there is some sort of problem. Maybe excessive vibration?

Is the bulb you used marked 12V? A 620 license bulb is a standard Type 97 12V 10-watt from generic parts store or 26716-89900 from your Nissan dealer.

Hmmmm. Bulb says 1073 12V/23W. Filament doesn't look frapped, but bulb has a blackened spot and doesn't light up after less than 15 minutes of use. Holder is solid so I can't imagine excessive vibes. I'll try the correct wattage. -K

Changed bulb to the lowest wattage the store had. 13.4V/8W. I'm up and around at 2AM so took her out for a freeway spin for an hour or so. I like cruisin' the San Diego freeways at this hour. Almost have them to myself. Bulb seems to be holding up. Won't blind the drivers behind me like the 23 watt one might have, and still lights up the plate OK. If my Alternator is putting out way too much voltage I guess it could have been frappin' the 12V bulbs or maybe the wattage issue. Both seem kinda iffy though. :unsure: -K