Front 510 Coilovers

Newbee

Hey,

Since you guys were so helpful with my last question I thought i'd ask for more. LOL :D I just bought a coilover set up for my 71 510 with 280ZX strut and spindle, the guy told me to get 79 to 83 280ZX brakes, hubs and rotors. Question is does anyone know where I can get the hubs? Trying to avoid the junkyard and dealer if possible.

Thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question is does anyone know where I can get the hubs? Trying to avoid the junkyard and dealer if possible.

There's not a geographical location where they fall from the sky, if that's what you're asking..

.. atleast not that I'm aware of... :unsure:

^LOL! The only place where I know that Datsun parts fall out of the sky is when I am working underneath my sedan...damn car...

In all seriousness, brakes, as in brake calipers or brake pads? Unless you have cores for turn in, I recommend calipers be sourced through an Autozone/O'Reilly/Pep Boys type of parts place. I got mine through Autozone, the core was $40, so you may have to bite the bullet if no cores are available for turn in. Brake Pads? Same M.O., just get a set from one of the above places. Lifetime warranty offered, so its a buy it once and never again scenario. You have no hubs?? Junkyard is a quick and easy way to pick those up. I do not recall the hubs being offered new anywhere, and they are side specific. New bearings and seals round up your conversion for the front end, and they can be sourced through the same place(s) above. Good Luck.

^LOL! The only place where I know that Datsun parts fall out of the sky is when I am working underneath my sedan...damn car...

In all seriousness, brakes, as in brake calipers or brake pads? Unless you have cores for turn in, I recommend calipers be sourced through an Autozone/O'Reilly/Pep Boys type of parts place. I got mine through Autozone, the core was $40, so you may have to bite the bullet if no cores are available for turn in. Brake Pads? Same M.O., just get a set from one of the above places. Lifetime warranty offered, so its a buy it once and never again scenario. You have no hubs?? Junkyard is a quick and easy way to pick those up. I do not recall the hubs being offered new anywhere, and they are side specific. New bearings and seals round up your conversion for the front end, and they can be sourced through the same place(s) above. Good Luck.

Front hubs are side specific? Are you sure?

Yes, I am positive.

I don't think we are talking about the same thing then. the hub is what the disc bolts to and what is bolted to the spindle in my mind. what could be different side to side? no steering is connected to the hub. I rebuilt the front end on my 510 and didn't keep track of which side was which and saw no noticeable difference.

I don't think we are talking about the same thing then. the hub is what the disc bolts to and what is bolted to the spindle in my mind. what could be different side to side? no steering is connected to the hub. I rebuilt the front end on my 510 and didn't keep track of which side was which and saw no noticeable difference.

I have ALWAYS been told to keep the left and right hubs in their proper relation to the car. Yes, the hub is where the brake rotor bolts to. The bearing races will be the affected parts. If you change the sides (by accident, etc) the wear for the bearing races will be in the opposite direction if they got switched. If you changed EVERYTHING, including the bearing cups/races, then you are safe.

I have ALWAYS been told to keep the left and right hubs in their proper relation to the car. Yes, the hub is where the brake rotor bolts to. The bearing races will be the affected parts. If you change the sides (by accident, etc) the wear for the bearing races will be in the opposite direction if they got switched. If you changed EVERYTHING, including the bearing cups/races, then you are safe.

OK,I have never heard that before but I guess it makes sense for used parts.

• 1 month later...