Looking for someone in Arizona to work on a 72 240z

kwigbo

Hello all, I'm new here. I have a 72 240z that is currently at a friends house in Arizona City, AZ. I live in PA and I am going through the process of getting the car out here. The car needs all new rubber (weather stripping, bushings, etc.). There are also some rust holes in the floor pan. The car needs to be painted as well and is just primer at the moment. My question is, does anyone have a recommendation for who I could go to? I have searched the web and all I have found is this place...

http://www.arizonazcar.com/

Has anyone here dealt with this company before?

I am not looking for a beautiful paint job just flat black and rust free.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a crap-ton of us Datsun guys in AZ, most in the Phoenix area. I believe that Arizona Zcar is no longer in the business of doing restorations. I could be wrong, but I remember hearing that a while ago. There are a lot of places that can do paint, our club members have some recommendations in the PHX area. Full Circle AutoBody is one of them. Small shop, good results, at a reasonable price.

Our local club is Desert Datsuns, if you're interested.

Don't do flat black. If you want that do "satin", flat is just ugly. But here's the catch, it's going to cost you the same money to do satin/flat black, as it will for a nice color. So just do it in a good color, the whole black thing is SOOOOO overdone now. Plus, resale value will be way higher with a good color.

Thanks for the info, good to know about the lack of price difference with the "satin". I really like the flat black look and don't really care about resale value (sentimental value outweighs).

Is this the club you mentioned?

http://desertdatsuns.freeforums.org/

There's a crap-ton of us Datsun guys in AZ, most in the Phoenix area. I believe that Arizona Zcar is no longer in the business of doing restorations. I could be wrong, but I remember hearing that a while ago. There are a lot of places that can do paint, our club members have some recommendations in the PHX area. Full Circle AutoBody is one of them. Small shop, good results, at a reasonable price.

Our local club is Desert Datsuns, if you're interested.

Don't do flat black. If you want that do "satin", flat is just ugly. But here's the catch, it's going to cost you the same money to do satin/flat black, as it will for a nice color. So just do it in a good color, the whole black thing is SOOOOO overdone now. Plus, resale value will be way higher with a good color.

• 4 weeks later...

We (SS And AFX) are looking for paint work here in the near future. i am a big Z fan, currently have a 72 that i will be restoring.

if you look up our site www.ssandafx.com , you can see our work

My Boss, Greg Fernald, used to own a exotic shop in the south end of Phoenix and was/is VERY well known for his paint/body skills.

you can call our shop @ 623-465-7277.

I decided to get it shipped and worked on here in PA. Thanks for the offer though.

We (SS And AFX) are looking for paint work here in the near future. i am a big Z fan, currently have a 72 that i will be restoring.

if you look up our site www.ssandafx.com , you can see our work

My Boss, Greg Fernald, used to own a exotic shop in the south end of Phoenix and was/is VERY well known for his paint/body skills.

you can call our shop @ 623-465-7277.