WTB '74 710 HT trunklid

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll let you know if I see any - I'm looking for 710 parts myself for my hardtop, but I don't need a trunklid. Maybe I'll see one during my search.

Nope - I don't think the ad had his phone number. I put up a wanted ad for the car in the local craigslist but the only response was from someone who said that it had been scrapped - I called the local junkyards and there was no trace of the car.

Rats!

Here's a picture of the car at the yard

A junkyard in Texas offered to send me a bumper from their hardtop - maybe they can send you a trunk lid?

Here's the contact:

Trenton Browne

brownesalvage@earthlink.net

Those are not he nicer 'smily' bumpers that I would like. Looks like '75 or newer so that may not be am early HP, just a two door.

The trunk lids are the same, but the bumpers and the panel between the taillights were changed after '74. (The license plate was moved up between the taillights instead of the bumper.)

It's weird that the bumpers changed so much from 74-77.

I think it went like this:

Smiley chrome bumpers on Hardtops

Painted steel bumpers with grey end caps on all other 710s

Painted steel bumpers with grey end caps on all 710s

76-77

chrome bumpers on all 710s with black plastic end caps

Will I have a '74 sedan a '76 goon and a '77 parts goon and that fits. Did not know the '75 also had the abysmal gray bumpers also. I put a chrome one on the front of the '74...... slightly better.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.