What to look for in KA24E

Topher88

Im going to go look at a 240sx with the motor still in it so i can swap that into my 510. Im going to do a compression test on it so is there anything else i should look for? what kind of compression should i be looking for? ill check the oil and coolent to make sure there is no oil or water in them. the car has been sitting for a year so im not really dont want to try starting it up. it comes with a 5 speed so i know to try that out and make sure that it feels good when you shift. anything else?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

Im going to go look at a 240sx with the motor still in it so i can swap that into my 510. Im going to do a compression test on it so is there anything else i should look for? what kind of compression should i be looking for? ill check the oil and coolent to make sure there is no oil or water in them. the car has been sitting for a year so im not really dont want to try starting it up. it comes with a 5 speed so i know to try that out and make sure that it feels good when you shift. anything else?

I thinks you gots it covered YO!

why wouldnt you want to start it? seems like it would give you a lot more feedback if you could see and hear it run....

Guest kamakazi620

why wouldnt you want to start it? seems like it would give you a lot more feedback if you could see and hear it run....

Idea put marvel mystery oil in them cylinders before id start it

Guest kamakazi620

If the compression is good, pull the valve cover and look to see if the timing chain guides are good. The higher mileage ones I have seen usually have a broken guide sitting in the oil pan.

Mark

True dat yeah definetly take off them valve cover and investigate, I forgot I did that when buying my ka

Guest kamakazi620

thanks guys. ya after i do a compression test ill see how the oil looks and hopefully the gas is good and fire her up for a little. should i let it heat up then take it for a spin?

Pull the valve cover before you start to make sure them timming guides are good