WTB: 280zx speedometer gear/assembly

Hello! It seems that I have a speedometer from a truck 5-speed, and it does not engage into the gear unless its turned 180 degrees, then it does not bolt in.

From the info I've gathered searching I need a 280zx speedometer. Either that, or if someone could provide the nissan part number that would be great! cool.gif

The only items I've found online are JUST the pinion gear. I need the actual ZX speedo gear housing, and there are no 280zx's in the junk yards around here anymore!

Its going in a 510 wagon... so 3.90 rear end. But I can figure out what gear I need after I get the housing.

I don't have any buyer or seller feedback on this forum, or any forum. I have met some members locally at events (69fjwagon and zhiguli510) so they can at least vouch that I am a real person.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on what trans you're running. (before 1980 or after?)

For a KA trans, you can also use ones from 2wd 720 pickups. (I used one from an '81). ('80 and newer I think work)

You can also just cut a slot in the other side and mount it that way also.

There are some realty good threads on it on here too.

It all depends on what trans you're running. (before 1980 or after?)

For a KA trans, you can also use ones from 2wd 720 pickups. (I used one from an '81). ('80 and newer I think work)

You can also just cut a slot in the other side and mount it that way also.

There are some realty good threads on it on here too.

Hmm So I could just sawzall and file down an edge on the other side.. I considered doing that but figured it would be better to have the right part. For a temp solution I could do that.

I'm pretty sure its a ZX pre-1980 5spd FS5W71B

Angle grinder with cut off disc. Just nick it like the other side. I've compared the worm gear on the main shaft and they look t same other than one was plastic. I don't know why they changed this in or around '80.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.