removing king pins!!!!!! help!!!!521

dirtydiesel

but i did get a 620 set of king pins and got the bushings to fit. got to cut down the pins the fit. i had to make a fixture to hold a .002 fit on the i.d and turn the o.d down to .900 +/- .0005 and pressed them in with my hyd. bench press. they just glide in. only had flap one bushing to get the pin to go in easily enough to work.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so i called nissan parts. and persoanlly talked to them the 500 number doesnt exsit any more and the 30000 number is a cork casket.

So I gather those things are NLA? We are talking about the little rubber sleeves. I may be able to salvage one of two off an old set of spindle supports if you need some.

• 2 weeks later...

so i went with my fathers technique on the passenger side. oxy/acc. torch : cut the bearing . cut the pin section under bearing. tap spindle to expose more pin section. cut and remove spindle from area. since everything was nice and hot the lockin bolt came out with eaz. and then beat the pin out from the center. and "ta dah"!!!1 king pin removed in 20 min.

So I gather those things are NLA? We are talking about the little rubber sleeves. I may be able to salvage one of two off an old set of spindle supports if you need some.

The fulcrum pin kit I got had four rubber washers (2 per side) that are apparently made to fit inside those original rubber sleeves and snugly around the pin itself. My interpretation is they are for sealing the old sleeves from the inside. Maybe that's what the superceding cork gaskets are for also?

I'm also looking for the fulcrum lock pins if anyone has a set? hmmmmm :) ?