wipers just stopped working..

ll77

Hey guys

I just noticed today that my wipers stopped working. They worked perfectly the last time I checked about 2 weeks ago. Now they don't. I took off my steering column cover today too, and I thought I might have knocked loose some switch connections, but they're all solid.

It seems there are new problems every week, I know it's an old car, but damn! I guess I'm lucky this happened in the summer.

Maybe my motor is bad? How can I be sure?

Thanks a bunch

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that's what I thought, so I pulled apart all the connections at the switch and reconnected them, same deal. twist, nothing. wellll, I have been working around the center console too, pulling connections and switches, but there's nothing there can could affect the wipers. right?

I just lifted the wipers up and tried to turn them on, nothing. so the wipers aren't stuck.

ok I'll try that too unc, thanks

but new noob problem, I would appreciate sooo much for someone to help me on this.

I looked this up in my fsm, and in order for me to test my motor, I must refer to this diagram which I don't understand.

Untitled-2.jpg

I have a multimeter, but what am I supposed to test???

I always try to find out as much as I can, but I'm stuck in a rut again. and it sucks so much, I'm always so ready to put in work, but sometimes I just don't have the know how. I'm not an electrician!

please help! thank you!