Need External Voltage reg. for 620

I'll swap to another alt. later when i get some cash. Here's a pic of mine with the cover off....

DSCF0843.jpgyou can just see my choke relay to the far right.

It charges the batt but drains it also. I think it's got my choke or choke relay screwed up.

I would like to trade something for it. How bout somebody trade 1 for a dizzy electronic module. Maybe thow in the AC relay if u got an extra?

Pic of dizzy module. I got a couple, but only want to trade 1...DSCF0847.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This module is similar to an E12-93 module from a later Maxima or early 280zx. Note that it has an extra set of terminals on the lower right side. Years ago a guy on the Realm had one on his matchbox dizzy and when the motor was revved the timing wouldn't advance at all, in fact it actually retarded by up to 20 degrees! It had something to do with not using the extra set of terminals meant for use by an ECU on an EFI motor.

This may be part of an ignition retard system using a knock sensor, I don't know, but it does 'retarded' things if used on an L20B matchbox.

L24Eignition003Large.jpg

E12 80 module from an L20B matchbox.

L24Eignition006Large.jpg

oops... :blink:

I just went down to the basement. I promise i wasn't trying to pull a fast one. Found the two from dizzy. They both got a broken tab.DSCF0848.jpgDSCF0851.jpgDSCF0850.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. If i sent one to some unsuspecting guy I'd have to change my name.

Um...... well maybe a washer just the right size. Somebody gotta have a old VR from upgrading to an internally regulated alternator? I thought it would be a good deal for both of us if the circumstance were just right.

It's no biggy either way. If i look hard enough i may find an alt. down there somewhere. I've had this truck 4ever.

DSCF0542-1.jpg

DSCF0540.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.