ca ka sr swappers, clutch conversions problems, help

my datsun has a ca18det with matching 5speed. The car is running perfect right now. When i gun it and hit the throttle, and shift at like 7k, the gears sometimes have a hard time going in. it shifts perfectly at normal driving conditions. the tranny makes no grinding noises or old abused bearing noises.

i used the stock b210 clutch master cylinder connected to the stock ca18det slave cylinder by a stainless steel line, there are no leaks from the system.

i noticed that the stock slave cylinder from the b21o tranny has an 11/16's bore and the stock ca18det tranny slave cylinder has a bore of 3/4's. im thinking that the stock b210 clutch master cylinder does not have the correct capacity to properly shift the ca18det slave cylinder. those of you that have swapped an sr, ca, or ka, what clutch master cylinder have you used?

also worth noting, i have no electronics connected to the ca18det tranny. i noticed that it has a lot of switches and electronic gizmos attached to it and nove are connected. could the lack of connecting these have anything to do with it?

any guidance is appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the clutch, it's the transmission design. It is notorious for not shifting under full throttle when over 5,000 RPM.

A lot of guys change the transmission to a newer design, and swap the CA front half case onto the new transmission.