1981 kingcab project started!

heres my 1981 kingcab pick up i bought last week for 450$(169k).I bought it with shitty horrible tires.no batterry and barely starting up.and the truck is multiple colors.but i have big plans for this..in 3 days working on it i have done alot of little things to it.like re wiring the stereo and putting a little sub in..had to untangle a shit ton of wire that was wrapped in my axle.cover all the rust spots with primer ..replaced most of the bad fuses.cleaned it up alot ..and started on paint but weather put that to a stop once this oregon rain came back:(but heres what it looks like so far)..do u guys think it was a decent buy?

when bought.\

0401111839.jpg

3 days after

datsun3.jpg

the engine is caked with dirt every were!..i need a shit ton of degreaser

datsunengine.jpg

datsun45.jpg

new paint:)

datsunpainted.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good god that thing is ugly. Fits right in :D

Some major cleaning under the engine bay, rims/tires, and if you can afford to shoot some Matte black paint on it, would shine it up greatly.

I got dibs on the motor if you part with it later down the road...

ya im getting rims this week prolly..and i picked up paint..and started painting it..it will look nice.i want to get a custom carb..maybe a weber?..im gonna fix it and try and get 800 for it?and find another project..all post a pic of it painted when its done..this dam oregon weather is delaying that though.