want to buy b210 manual trans

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a junk yard not far from me that is closed and being cleaned up and most everything being crushed. parts are going for scrap value, u pull it. There is a 210 out there I remember looking at the engine, looked good. I would be more than happy to go check it out for you and go from thare. cost would be shipping and what ever I have to give for it. pluss a little for me but im cheep. could have other parts on it you need to. dont wont go see these parts get scraped.

There is a junk yard not far from me that is closed and being cleaned up and most everything being crushed. parts are going for scrap value, u pull it. There is a 210 out there I remember looking at the engine, looked good. I would be more than happy to go check it out for you and go from thare. cost would be shipping and what ever I have to give for it. pluss a little for me but im cheep. could have other parts on it you need to. dont wont go see these parts get scraped.

i think the shiping on that would be alot i am not shore thow if you could tell me how much it is and you want to get it and wat shiping would be i could tell you if it was worth it to me.im thankfull for your willingness to help me

Make sure you get a transmission from an A14 or A15. Some 210s came with A12A, which uses a small transmission which will often break if put behind an A14. Also 1974 B210 (A13 engine) came with the small transmission.

Any 1975-1978 B210 will have what you need. B210 5-speed requires a different driveshaft (from B210 auto or B210 5-speed) and a different clutch disk.

4-speed or 5-speed from a 210 will bolt right in.

I had a tranny shipped from cal. to Ne a few mounths ago cost me $70 ups. I will go check it out. I need any excuse I can get too go hang out in a junk yard fun!

I had a tranny shipped from cal. to Ne a few mounths ago cost me $70 ups. I will go check it out. I need any excuse I can get too go hang out in a junk yard fun!

if shiping was 70 i would most likely go for that

Make sure you get a transmission from an A14 or A15. Some 210s came with A12A, which uses a small transmission which will often break if put behind an A14. Also 1974 B210 (A13 engine) came with the small transmission.

Any 1975-1978 B210 will have what you need. B210 5-speed requires a different driveshaft (from B210 auto or B210 5-speed) and a different clutch disk.

4-speed or 5-speed from a 210 will bolt right in.

did thay change the spline on the out put shaft on the drive shaft if so then when cuz the one i have broke is from a 1980 b 210 5 speed but if you had one that worked i would take a 4 speed

No, no change to splines. Just that the B210 5-speed has always had a different spline than any other A-series transmission. All other 5-speeds have the same splines as the 4-speeds.

ok thats good to know do you have one that would bolt to my block and have the same spline count as mine or even one with a difrent spline count and a out put shaft and i could just redo my drive shaft

The tranny was all ready out of this car but I dont think it would have been correct anyway. tag in the door says it is a 110 dated 12/70001.jpg002.jpg

thats ok thanks for your help. that 110 is sweet i have allways wanted a 110

• 3 weeks later...

I found out last week that the trans mount location for the B210 trans is about 2" different than that of the 210 and the shifter location is different too. I don't know if there is a trans support that will allow a change but I don't have any that will.

BillM

I found out last week that the trans mount location for the B210 trans is about 2" different than that of the 210 and the shifter location is different too. I don't know if there is a trans support that will allow a change but I don't have any that will.

thats ok its not in a 210 so a have to make a mount anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.