WTB : SBC Block Hugger Headers

Need some SBC Block Hugger Headers ,,, on the cheap , but I won't lowball you

Look Like this ,,, Don't have to be pretty , painted , chromed , not , whatever ,,,, price and pic please ( I know there r chevy guys on this forum ) :lol:

ma005s_l.jpg

Thanks in advance

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that sumittracing.com has some for about $100. Just so happens that I just bought some for one of my projects.

Hey thanks for the heads up man :cool: ,,, I just came across Speedway's cheapy set as we speak :) ( flanges are probably made from paper :lol: ,,, I love Summitracing btw :wub:

Whats yer project your using them for if I may ask ? :D

are you gonna be putting a sbc in a datto?

already started v8 conversion into my 240z ,,, gonna build everything I can myself ;) ,,, SBC-350 71' higher nickel casting 4-bolt main 4bbl factory + 4-spd Saginaw manual trans ,,, can't stand auto's in a Z car :hmm: ( around 275hp factory according to the sticker :lol: ) ,,,

Hey thanks for the heads up man :cool: ,,, I just came across Speedway's cheapy set as we speak :) ( flanges are probably made from paper :lol: ,,, I love Summitracing btw :wub:

78 280z. Did you get the JTR manual? Lots of info in that book. I'm going manual as well, auto just doesn't seem right. :cool:

Guest kamakazi620

already started v8 conversion into my 240z ,,, gonna build everything I can myself ;) ,,, SBC-350 71' higher nickel casting 4-bolt main 4bbl factory + 4-spd Saginaw manual trans ,,, can't stand auto's in a Z car :hmm: ( around 275hp factory according to the sticker :lol: ) ,,,

ThAT sAG BOX WILL blow up at the first Power shift!!!!

78 280z. Did you get the JTR manual? Lots of info in that book. I'm going manual as well, auto just doesn't seem right. :cool:

At the moment ,,, I am nervous to tack/weld/bolt any of my mounts until I have the B headers ( you already know ---> Frame clearance , steering arm , heat issues ,,, blah blah blah ,,, )

Nope actually I didn't order the JTR manual ,,, yet ,,,, but !!! I probably should and will :cool: ,,, I made my own motor mounts , an engine lift plate , started working on external hydraulic slave cylinder bracket/mount , and will probably add a motor cradle like this one this guy built for his SBF split oil pan ( I have all my metal cut and ready to go , just waiting on headers so I can finalize the angles ,,, )

image016.jpg

I have been looking hard at one of these for an easy solution to slave cylinder for the clutch ( I believe either summit , jegs , or speedway sells them ? )

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/GM-Stock-Clutch-Hydraulic-Throwout-Bearing,1945.html <--- hydraulic throwout bearing !

,,, but mine is a budget builder ,,, so external slave cylinder for me :) I have plating in the garage so I will finish drilling/fitting to wrap around the bell housing and hang down as well as make it adjustable until the throw is correct ,,, ( I am going to reinforce the clutch throw out arm as well with some flat bar or thicker tubing welded length wise on the back end of the arm possibly for peace of mind ,,, ) :D

I'm using a Wilwood slave and doin steel braided hose with AN fittings on slave and master. I think I'll be into it about $1000 including buying the motor and car. Budget build for sure. Good luck man, hope all goes well.

I'm using a Wilwood slave and doin steel braided hose with AN fittings on slave and master. I think I'll be into it about $1000 including buying the motor and car. Budget build for sure. Good luck man, hope all goes well.

That's a wise decision ,,, quality unit ! ,,, Wow ! Impressive for $1,000 for sure ! ,,, Hey good luck to you to bud ,,, and I hope it goes well to ! ,,, but expect to do a lot of things a few times ( I get picky ollz )

That's a wise decision ,,, quality unit ! ,,, Wow ! Impressive for $1,000 for sure ! ,,, Hey good luck to you to bud ,,, and I hope it goes well to ! ,,, but expect to do a lot of things a few times ( I get picky ollz )

Car was free ( nobody here likes Datsuns), my buddy sold me the motor for $180 ( he needed a part to finish his BBC 4 speed project) I've been lucky to say the least.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.