510 Sr20 Exhaust Options/ideas/suggestions

datsunpilot

Im looking for ideas, experience, options, suggestions, anything for what to do for an exhaust on my sr20det 510. I would like to do a 3" exhaust for the turbo motor. I dont want to have it sound anything like a ricer (honda aftermarket exhaust) from my experience a turbo 2.0 jap motor sounds alot different then other jap motors.. ie an Evo sounds good and its a 2.0 turbo. I dont know if I want a can on the back (3" into a big round 4 or 5" exit) but I am open to that for the right price.

One of the big questions though is about running the pipe through the rear suspension like it is run stock. Is that necessary or advised against?

Has anyone had any luck doing a cat back from a different car. For instance I was looking and measuring kits for the 240sx which is a much longer car so I would have extra pipe to cut, bend and weld. It is also mostly straight without going around any under body work or over rear suspension. Thinking about this just because of the low cost on ebay of stainless kits. ($118-200)

Lets hear and see what yall think I am ready right now to pull the trigger on something. Not opposed to a good muffler (hks or megan or buddy club) and building the rest of it from the top mount back.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SSS youre acting as my personal information center. Thanks! That is really stretched. I guess the metal is thick around the edges it shouldnt really weaken anything. That doesnt look to bad, there is still good metal around the edges. Is your car a daily driver? You have any info I should know for my build? Thanks again Ill do it as soon as I pull the rear end for a LSD. Hopefully I will find on this weekend at a you pull it yard. Fingers crossed. Also going to look for a pedal cluster so I can hook up the throttle body and some other goodies....

• 2 months later...