Need help with Rims/Tires, which to buy Rate Topic:

Joe_K

Hey Guys,

I am short before buying my first Z, should be a early one, max 1974.

As of my budget and plan for the final product, I am thinking in buying also directly new rims and tires for, if I come to LA next month.

Now I need some help in finding the right ones, as I have of course no experience in Z sizes, models, and possibilitys.

What it makes also much difficult, is that I am thinking in using ZG flares, I like the optic, and also the classic optic without them. So my current idea and also first question to you all is, for a dimension what fits both possibilitys.

What I don't like, are rims and tires what comes far out of the cars shape, they should be in the shape of the fender, the best would be close to the outer maximum if I look from above down the fenders. Hopfully you understood my poor english, and what I try to explain icon_wink.gif

If I have or should have to use different wheel sizes depending on the flares, is the smaller thing, more important is to me the rim I think.

I like the Panalook, but more or less if the rims are a bit cheaper is "not bad".

On Ebay I found these, what are available in different sizes: http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item45f9018ee7

What do you think about, and would they fit on front and rear? Different sizes?

Also I am thinking on 16" or 17", 16" looks more classic, 17" a bit to modern. What dou you think about?

Would be great if someone could help me out with this.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright the first thing I will say is welcome, I think most people will agree wheels sticking out past the fenders isn't a great thing. The questions you are asking are going to be personal preference you will find fans of both no flares all the way to huge flares, same goes with the wheels. I would suggest doing some google image searches and find a Z or several Z's that look similar to your vision you have in your head. This is your car make it personal.

I personally love ZG flares I love the look of a riveted on type flare very cool in my opinion, my wife however is dead set against it she says if I want flares they have to be molded into the body, so since we are at an impasse I stay stock until I find the right wheel and flare combination. A good wheel that you can get in most any size to fill out a flare is Diamond Racing rims they can make just about any size. Another thing about bigger rims tires are normally more expensive just something to think about. Good luck, is it hard finding Z's in Germany?