L20b 5 speed

so i just bought a 72 510 with a 4 speed L20b swap and i really want to make this thing a freeway driver but that 4 speeds seems to barly get to 70 lol. willing to trade some 510 fenders in ok shape, i have 2 grills, an extra rear bumper, some tail lights, and some cash maybe for a 5 speed.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sedan 3.70 likely and maybe 3.90 on the goon. I five speed is the best answer as it doesn't affect performance but gives a slight mileage boost on the highway.

If you can find one, a dogleg from an early 200sx is an almost perfect drop in swap. Same length so no drive shaft shortening, shifter is very close to the same spot and the speedometer cable is in the same location. The trouble is these are not so common to find and are very well used by now.

Sedan 3.70 likely and maybe 3.90 on the goon. a five speed is the best answer as it doesn't affect performance but gives a slight mileage boost on the highway.

Mike, I thought the 3.70 was used only in the very early models and the 3.90 was the more common ratio for most sedans. Do I have that backwards?

Topher88, Mike is right about adding a 5 speed, I was suggesting a 3.70 rear diff in conjunction with a new trans.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.