rhd steering box

im looking for a rhd steering box to do a rhd conversion in the future on my 411. it doesnt have to be for a 411 per say. mostly i need a box that has a mounting pad on the right side so it can go on the right frame rail inbetween the frame and motor. anyone know of anything out there that may work thanks. also if there is anyone in japan or down under (aus or surrounding area) that can souce a real 411 box let me know

thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so i take it u noticed the dashes are symetrical other than the keyhole cig lighter and steering column notch too lol. i aquired a second dash and the one i already had has some slight rust so an d the radio hole is cut so i may try to cut it and make it rhd. the foam peices at the bottom are gonna be easy too. just making a metal base that bolts on and having my interior buddy cover them in foam and wrap in vinyl. i will probably be cutting the steering column and making a steering shaft for mine to adapt it to the box since a 411 rhd one is very unlikely

ive located 2 410s for sale in nz and i wood honestly consider buying them just to have the guy send me the rhd parts, dashes, grills, tail lights and all that kinda stuff. for both cars its $400 aud, or $405 usd. im sure for about 100 over that he may consider taking stuff off and shipping it. i sent him an email.

D-21s have the box on the outside of the driver's side of the frame. So if you swap to the pass side it would be between the frame and motor. Comes in manual and power. This won't 'drop in' but is a start. Pitman arm spline? Ball joint taper?

i only want one. id want to get all the other parts i cood on a pallet or something like that to maximize wat i can get shipped for a pretty flat rate. there are actually a few different 410/411 things for sale on that one site. the guy with the 2 cars has had them listed a few times and it doesnt appear they have sold.

edit, the cars have been for sale since april 2009, maybe i can use this to my advantage.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.