Y-pipe 2" outlet

Ok it seems my father being the pessimistic ass that he is, is doing everything in his power to be NN. I plan on putting a 2 inch exhaust under my 521, I found a parts car with the stock L16 Y-pipe on it of all things. I plan to use this stock Y-pipe but hes hell bent on convincing me that you cant use that with a 2 inch exhaust.

So I guess my question is can you use the stock pipe and cut/wield it up to work on 2" exhaust?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes

I see

Actually.....I just drove up to the local exhaust guy today to get an opinion on my EM/lower half....who would of thunk... :D

Would assume you can cut the bottom off and increase to 2 inch with no issues.....my problem is that my 'Y' is slightly thin from age, and even finding a gasket is a bitch. There are a couple of gaskets on ebay for 20 bucks delivered, to seal the pipe to the EM.

But...here no there, and hold the 'fort'../...NN... :) ...shall talk to my exhaust guy tomorrow.