Datsun 510 doors

brodster

Apologies if this is a repeat. I tried to google for a thread but didn't find it. Anyways...

I have a 1972 Datsun 510. Had another 510 wagon at some point, I think it was a 73 510 wagon. To the point, I swapped doors to my sedan from the wagon. Everything bolted up, but it seems like the wagon door sits a bit funky. The issue is probably that it isn't lined up right, but someone once told me that there were slight variations between wagon and sedan doors, and perhaps between different years too.

Is this factual or should I just go back and try to do a better job lining things up?

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The sedan's window frame is about an 1/8" shorter than the wagon. I have a sedan door on the back of my wagon. It opens and closes funky. I also have the glass from a sedan in the front door of my goon. and it won't roll all the way up into the frame. My dad told me to swap the window frames, but I'm holding out for two good passenger doors.

Okay, yeah this makes sense. The front passenger side door bolts up just fine, but the top of window frame seems to be just about 1/8" taller. Tried to put on roof racks once, and it would get caught on that door.

Makes sense on the rear doors too. I will keep that in mind on future projects.

Thanks for the help.