1977 280Z FIRST CAR?

RCD

wasup everyone im looking into buying a car. i been driving for half a year now. i was lookin into getting maybe a civic just for now but i am really into datsuns specially 240z/280z or 510s. on craigslist there an ad that a guy posted up. his 1977 280z he sed it is smoged ready to go. clean body, engine runs good nothing rong with it. only has 10,000 plus original miles only thing wrong is that his voltage regulator is kind of messed up. wich is an easy fix i heard. i know if i get an old school car theres things to look forward to on repairing. i am currently looking for a job and hoping i get one in the next month or 2. the car only has 10,000 original miles!!! so im asking is this a worth buy? as long as the car is 0ok for a year or so i am ok with that? whats your guys opinion get back at me asap pls. thank you

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

by the way my knowledge on cars are not the best or worst lol. i am no mechanic but i do know alot about cars not to bone though ahah. i have a couple friends and family member who really know about cars more then me. i was planning on getting a honda just because its an easy car to fix. ive been doing research o datsuns for awhile now and they look like good cars n pretty easy cars to fix up since everything on the engine is rite there.

...... an ad that a guy posted up. his 1977 280z he sed it is smoged ready to go. clean body, engine runs good nothing rong with it. only has 10,000 plus original miles only thing wrong is that his voltage regulator is kind of messed up. wich is an easy fix i heard.

Probably 10,000 original, plus another 130,000. Pretty hard to verify the mileage. Once the odometer hits 99,999 it goes back to 00,000. If 10,000 original miles, it will have the original mufflers and exhaust system on it. Zero wear on the clutch and brake pedals. Would (or could) have the original tires on it. Open the doors do they drop slightly? This would indicate worn hinges. Look for wear pattern on the heel pad under the gas pedal. Look for wear on the steering wheel and the dash control knobs and specially the printing on the turn signal/light switch lever.

oh ok right on didnt know that. he says it needs a break n lamp test cuz the hazard doesnt work. BUT he says if he fixes that, the voltage regulator and does the lamp and break test he will sell it for another few thousands since its worth alot more. some people tell me its good price and its goin to be a good car since its low mileage but others say what if the car breaks down and since datsun parts are not in high demand as other cars such as integras and civics 240sx etc. but im not sure about this car since i have no job yet.