i think im getting a 78 toyota wagon today!!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats what i thought cause i jacked my car up and thought i saw it peeking out from under the exhaust. another question for anyone who may know. is there any websites that deal with performance parts for the 2tc?

thats what i thought cause i jacked my car up and thought i saw it peeking out from under the exhaust. another question for anyone who may know. is there any websites that deal with performance parts for the 2tc?

BRD racing has tons of stuff for the tc series engines.... reasonable prices too

It's on the driver side under the exhaust manifold. I'd scan a picture, but my brand new scanner doesn't seem to want to work at the moment.

hey, to take the starter off, do i have to take anything else off to get to it?

Probably that stamped louvered pan that surrounds the oil pan, if it's still there. It should have the reduction gear starter on it so you shouldn't have to drop the exhaust pipe from the manifold. There should be a heat shield on the starter, can't remember if it needs to come off first or not. Might give a bit more room if it was out of the way.

2TCstarter.jpg

I don't remember any spacers, but it has been a while since I've had the Corolla. I'd just pay attention to how it came apart and put it back the same.

Check out l=Pumpkin's Carina barn find thread, he has a lot of info and I believe that it has the same 2TC mill.

i didnt realize how many people on here have a corolla wagon. i dont think it matters what crazy import i get someone will have one :D but i was thinking i might need spacers cause maybe the aftermarket starter may need them, but ill tinker with it and fig it out.