510 radiator need some advice

datlove

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are super easy to get, just about any auto parts stores carry them, and you can get them online also. I think I posted the model # in the thread also. (Spectra - CU1557). You should be able to get one for around $80 brand new. I even think Rock Auto has them for about that price shipped.

Keep in mind you'll need an inline filler for the upper radiator hose, because there is no filler on the rad itself. On the plus side, the rad comes with a temp switch location already built in to control your fans. (so pick up the temp sensor at the same time)

The one I used is the biggest one I could find, that you didn't have to cut the car to get it to fit. I wanted to have more rad than I needed, so I went for this one. And I have 2 12" pullers on it also, however they almost never need to turn on, lol.

The problem with the smaller ones that have the cap is, the cap is still lower than the upper hose, so you can't fill and bleed it very easy. It can still be done, it's just not simple and easy, lol. I actually bought one of those firs, and took it back and bought the other one instead (so glad I did.).