WTB: L20B SoCal and 620 Hood

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't we just tell you a month ago there's no such thing as a 5-speed rear ratio? The ratios vary by year, not number of gears, except '73, 74, and '79 620s had Automatic ratios. The 4 and 5 speeds used the same ratios for each given year.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/27022-wtb-dual-sidedraft-manifold/page__view__findpost__p__392325__fromsearch__1

You need to ask for a particular ratio. If your axle is stock, you either have 4.88s or 4.38s. If it used to be an automatic it'd have 4.625s. None of those would make you rev over 4K @70 with a dogleg though. Unless you're running tiny tires. With the more common (for '73) 4.88s you should be around 3890 @ 70. I suppose if the tires were significantly shorter than stock it'd be over 4K though it wouldn't reflect that on a tach. With the stock 4-speed it'd be over 4500 though.

Of course, the dogleg, being a car transmission, won't have quite the right speedometer cog so the tach/speedo readings would be off.

He pretty much wants to build my truck. Good luck! I got lucky....

4.11 rear end 5 speed with l20b

Trust me you dont want this set up. "well maybe the rear end" You want a KA... Might as spend a little more time and money. I think its worth the effort.

I have been thinking about KA but i love the simplicity of carburation, if i do end up going KA i'd HAVE to run Carbs :P

On topic of the Rear-end i'll see if maybe my tach is off i'll replace it with another one.

I have 205/60/15 Tires on 15x9.5j wheels.

I do have straight pipe to a turbo muffler so i'll do a bit more research.

I know it has a 4.38

Suppose i'll focus on the engine for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.