Nickle and Dime Seatbelts

Stfwells

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So...I guess no one knows?

Maybe I should rephrase the question. Are the seat belts from a 520, 521, 610, 620, 710, 720 the same as the 510?

My 510 currently has a cage with the harness attached to the cage. I'd like to one day remove the cage and harness and roll with factory style seat-belts.

Granted...it will be far into the future before I need the belts. But I'd like to start looking.

Maybe I should rephrase the question. Are the seat belts from a 520, 521, 610, 620, 710, 720 the same as the 510?

My 510 currently has a cage with the harness attached to the cage. I'd like to one day remove the cage and harness and roll with factory style seat-belts.

Granted...it will be far into the future before I need the belts. But I'd like to start looking.

Happy New Year, most of the people on this forum are on the west coast so they may be just starting to wake up now. LOL!

The stock 510 seat belts are at least 38 years old now. If you plan to replace your harness with stock type seat belts, there are several companies that offer new seat belt sets that can be installed into a 510.

http://www.andoauto.com

I bought belts from them. I got the retractable 3 point ones.

Another company is

http://www.gotbelts.com/retractable-lap-shoulder-belts

You can adapt seat belts from other datsuns into your car. B210 belts will bolt in and so will early 200sx belts. The 510 came with a 3 piece design belts setup. There is the 2 parts to the lap belt and then an additional shoulder belt that locked into the buckle of the lap belt. this was not retractable and honestly, not a very comfortable setup. An upgrade to retractable belts will be worth it. One issue is to find a proper length drop down for the shoulder belt, it it is too short, the shoulder belt will cut across your neck.

I hope this helps.

if you are talking fronts ? i have a pair of fronts I'll ship you for $30? they came out of a 71 wagon i parted out.