Got To Use My AAA Membership!

Cruzn620

So I left to go to one of my buddy's houses last night and I noticed that the shifting was starting to feel notchy. I didn't think much of it, I just made sure when I shifted to push the clutch all the way in, and I was fine. Well, on the way home the truck lost its pedal feel and wouldn't go into 2nd. I made it through a few stop signs and traffic lights and at the last light I had to stop and the truck wouldn't go into 1st...or 2nd...or 3rd....or 4th. I revved the motor and pushed on the shifter HOPING that the synchros would mesh and it would fall into gear just so i could make it to my drive way. I tried everything I have tried from past trucks, tractors and motorcycles, nothing was doing. Reverse is still good, so I made it into a parking lot. I filled the master cylinder and pressed the pedal dozens of times until I got pedal feel again. My master cylinder on my old s-10 used to get low and the shifting would get notchy, and a simple fill up would fix it. Even though I got pedal feel back, still no forward gears. It will slide into where first is and feel like it found the gear, but nothing is there. It slides into 2nd, but there is no click. It will not go anywhere near where 3rd is supposed to be, and 4th it will slide into, but there is no click. Did my transmission just let go all at once on me or is it something else? I had been looking for a 5-speed to swap into it...now I am afraid it is necessary! Thanks for the help.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It could have been something as simple as the MC or slave leaking. Trying to force the gears may have sheared off a roll pin in the shift linkage. My buddy just brought me a tranny to put into his Yota, and the PO had beaten the thing up so bad the linkages jammed and the roll pin in the shifter sheared off. Just a possibility, tough to say without seeing it.