Will it blend?

RAlly_DatoB210

I can't own 3 datos the girlfriend and I can only drive one at a time. I have been offered a trade for a 1987 300zx turbo with a vg30et great interior and the thing was immaculately maintained. New timing chain and newer turbo. Has 3 way adjustable suspension and bigger breaks too. Deal would be trade my 78 510 sedan for this guys z. I'm not personally a z guy but it sounds like it would be cool to have everything I need to make a full swap onto my b210. I know there are a few vg 510's but it's a wider car. Would this swap be posible? Will the engine fit etc. I know a lot of modding and work would need to be done most likely custom headers and drive line and lots of other stuff as well. Have reputable help and a few choices on who I could bring the car to to help me with this one just wanted opinions. I have looked for vg b210 etc a few times with no results so is it not posible? Car would get some frame work done too it and sway bars and atleast a half cage. I feel like I could either go use the money I have saved up to buy a swap and deal with the headaches myself or trade my car for everything I need to get it in my car sell or part out the z shell and use what money I have to hire someone to help with the install. all said an done I don't want to see this get started and never put back together again but if this swap would work it would be one fast datsun

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not just drive the ZX? You just mentioned it's immaculate and well maintained, don't mutilate it. :no:

Besides that, that's a hefty project, and it seems like more often then not(ESPECIALLY when doing something that hasn't been commonly done with lots of documentation), people tend to lose motivation and the project car(s) end up in pieces or taken to the scales. So much waste...

That's kinda what I'm afraid of. I thought about selling it off after I've robbed the life out of it but it's a hard car to chop up. I explained my plan to the owner and he was all for it and had 5 cars it's just sitting in a garage. He fires it up once every couple nonths but i guess it just doesn't get driven. I don't want to end up way over my head with 2 hacked up worthless piles of metal either.

I would just leave em both as is. The beauty of the b210 is the engine that comes with it, IMO. If I were to have one, the only mod I'd probably do is find a 5-speed. Gotta love those MPGs..

Given the amount of time/money that would have to go into the car, yeah... I think you'd probably be tickled pink by throwing an L-series in. A high revving L18(or low end L20b if you could fit it under the hood) w a cam and some side-drafts perhaps? Should be fun, and a very doable, well documented, inexpensive swap.

that trade doesnt solve your problem. ;)

what could you get for the 510?

seems like a sweet deal

I can't own 3 datos the girlfriend and I can only drive one at a time.

Deal would be trade my 78 510 sedan for this guys z. I'm not personally a z guy but it sounds like it would be cool to have everything I need to make a full swap onto ...

... my 510!

Yeah I know the 510 swaps been done but one has a really low mile l20b in it an my other 510 is so scary rusty and junk I would be horrified to have that kinda power in it. B210 does get good Mileage I usually get around 35 but I'm tired of how ridiculously slow of a car it is. it would bring my datsun count down to 2 1/2 lol the z would only be half there. Could just put the a14 into the z and say it's a super Eco friendly car jkjk some greener would totally be all over it ha