Ka idling woes...

720Joe

Ka24de, all new gaskets on the intake manifold.

When I initially start the truck, it is the normal higher cold idle. Once it warms up, it begins to have the fluctuating (jumping) idle.

From my understanding, this is how the IACV system works. IACV keeps the idle up until the motor reaches a certain temperature. The IACV_FICD raises the idle when the a/c compressor is turned on. Last but not least, the AAC which once the engine is warm, it regulates the air speed.

Am I correct with the above said?

Now, in my situation, I have no a/c so there's nothing that the ficd is doing. Am I correct to believe that AAC valve is causing this jumping idle? Should I pull it off and clean itor should be I looking for a voltage/ohm reading or both?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ficd solinoid should have been eliminated completley outta the harness its pointless with out it being switched on and off from the ac or power steering. Also the correct terms for the other bits is the air regulator and the aac. The air regulator should be switched with the black yellow wire I belive the aac is brown and a light blue wire. If you removed the smog stuff you should have straight battery power to the aac from the ign relay. this is how I have the harness setup on 12v motors. The air regulator has a black plug going to it on a 12v ka their on the side of the upper intake the aac has a lime green plug going to it on a sohc ka its located on the back side of the upper intake pointed to the valve cover.