HELP ME OUT! please

that_guy

Whats up everyone, soo, I've been searching for a 510 for a little while now and this goon came up.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/25714-1970-510-wagon/

He seems real nice, and the car isn't too bad either. The wagon has a KA24de in it and the swap looks pretty clean as you may notice. When I checked it out the car had an oil leak and surface rust everywhere. The wagon is completely stock other then the engine swap. Another problem is that it has all of the seals are bad (I know, its a 40 yr old car) I'm just not sure if the price is good, or what I should offer him.

Everyone please help me out, I don't think that I should offer him $4500, although I do know that the the engine swap alone is a good chunk of money.

Thanks for everyone's input!

-Ian

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask yourself a few questions. Do you want/need the swap? How much does condition matter. Are you wanting to do work, as in fix it up? Might mean paint and body work. Some interior work. Or are you more inclined to do a motor swap on your own?

I could not buy that car simply because it has the swap done. I want to do a swap. So my search would lead to a straight car with minimal rust, and most of the components there. (My goon had surface rust on every panel. I have since repainted the car. Interior is my next focus. One day Ill have my motor :))

Ask yourself a few questions. Do you want/need the swap? How much does condition matter. Are you wanting to do work, as in fix it up? Might mean paint and body work. Some interior work. Or are you more inclined to do a motor swap on your own?

I could not buy that car simply because it has the swap done. I want to do a swap. So my search would lead to a straight car with minimal rust, and most of the components there. (My goon had surface rust on every panel. I have since repainted the car. Interior is my next focus. One day Ill have my motor :))

Thank you for this reply, I did forget to mention that, the motor to me doesn't REALLY matter, as long as it's reliable and it gets me from point a to point b....but in a datsun :). I am going to be wanting to fix it up and I know it does need a paint job, condition again, doesn't matter all that much, but I would like it to be somewhat decent.