WTB: 1970-'74 Datsun 510

Hello Datsun family!

I have been wanting a Datsun 510 for awhile now and have been searching high and low. I have had the pleasure of testing a couple of cars out and I actually found one that I want...but then it was rear ended. So I'm back on the hunt! I will be daily driving the vehicle so I would like it to be something that is currently daily driven, or as reliable.

I would like a 4 door, or a wagon, but any 510 would be great with me (has to be manual)! I can spend no more then $4500 and would like to spend less. If the car is right though, you never know.

If the car has modifications please let me know, something that I would think is sick would be something like this:

Coilovers

Clean paint (no rust)

Reliable motor

Clean interior and weather stripping

Wheels

Brakes

Original Bumpers (but not necessary)

I know this is asking a lot, but this list isn't saying that's EXACTLY what I want. It could be a mix of these things or none of these things, just an idea.

Thanks a lot everyone! Have a good one.

-Ian

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt you'll find the rare '74. Why not the earlier '68 and '69?

Well, I've done some research and also talked to some datsun owners. Everything seems to be pointing at the fact that the early '70's are the better years of the 510's. Someone even told me to stay away from the '68 and '69

You can have my goon and all its extras for 2500... Come get it :D

Do you have pictures of it, does it run and where are you located?

Understood. The older ones have so rare parts sometimes only on that one year. Buying an incomplete project can be a nightmare trying to find the right parts, can take years. Best to find a complete car even without motor or transmission. There are many motor combinations to choose from.

Understood. The older ones have so rare parts sometimes only on that one year. Buying an incomplete project can be a nightmare trying to find the right parts, can take years. Best to find a complete car even without motor or transmission. There are many motor combinations to choose from.

Yeah, I know the many motor options, and I have had the opportunity of looking at several complete cars, a wagon with a KA swap (oil leak from the oil pan apparently), a 2 door with the stock L16 in immaculate condition and a four door with an L16 and webers (not running though, needs a new radiator and fan)

I can't really buy a project, because right now I don't have the time. I just need a daily driver and REALLY want it to be a 510. I've been into them for years, just never thought I'd have the chance to buy one, and here I am.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.