My build thread (pic heavy)

Xander_42

Got some work done today. Pulled the mirrors, and dropped the front end.

Started here (actually I started a little above here, this is the right side with the left side already done, so the anti-roll bar was already pulling this side down a little):

SDC10853.jpg

Ended here:

SDC10856.jpg

Now it looks like this, sorry about the picture, I'll replace it later, but my light was fading fast, and this is the best shot I got:

SDC10858.jpg

It's definitely still trying to munch the rear tires, so I need to get myself a fender roller and some D50 springs, and bring the rear up about 1/2".

I was doing this just by cutting the stock springs. By my calculations my front spring rate should be around 250lb/in. I'm tempted to rebuild the stock struts with higher viscosity oil, but the car won't really be driven like this as I'm going to get some 280ZX struts and brakes, before the car gets driven anywhere again.

Short term plan:

-280ZX struts and brakes

-D50 springs (to raise rear)

-Roll fenders

Longer term plan:

-Finish the interior

-BRE Spook? (black, body color, or bare carbon?)

-Re-chrome/polish some of the shiny bits.

-Actual Merc. yellow fogs (and make them work, seriously I have never fixed my high beams)

-BMW ellipsoids (maybe, or maybe some other headlight option, wel'll see)

-Rear discs (have most of the parts, but may need to buy or fab the brackets)

-Header or the L16 exhaust manifold

-Rebuild the damn engine

-Sidedrafts

-Do the necessary bodywork (fender mirror patches, pass. door repair, couple other dents)

Thoughts?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading through your thread and I see your looking for a fender roller. I was in the same situation as you a few months back and I went this route.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eastwood-Fender-Roller-RENTAL-please-read-description-/180812437494?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a1942d7f6#ht_504wt_1011

Not sure if thats helpful, but it worked like a charm for me, and doesn't cost very much. Just remember that you need to throw down a deposit.