gas tank 620 short bed

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a gas tank and fuel neck for a 76 620 short bed shipped to 33024 florida. mine is full of rust thanks

If no holes, drain and remove the sender/float and throw in several hand fulls of clean gravel and shake while rotating it to get all the insides. Don't be shy give it hell! Empty gravel and crap out the sender hole and hose out well. Remove fuel filter and blow out the gas line, let tank dry, install sender and install tank using a new fuel filter, add some gas line anti freeze to absorb any water left in, change filter after a few days and cut open to see if there is any rust trapped.

Did this on my 710 when the filter would only go 20 miles at a time between changes. I have a clear see through filter from a honda or something on it now and after all summer it's clean as a whistle. Try to keep the tank full and use gasline anti freeze to absorb any rust causing water. Trick: go to Wall Mart paint department and get a quart/liter of methyl hydrate about $4? It's the same stuff used in those 3 ounce gasline anti freeze bottles they sell for a dollar. Should be enough for 10 tank fills.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.