PULLED Transmission - 4spd - B210

Nicholas7620

I'm replacing the clutch in my Datsun B210. I raised the "Bee" of the ground and this morning I pulled the transmission. :rolleyes:

CIMG0334.jpg

I had a transmission installed that I bought from the junkyard because I broke the original transmission. I didn't replace the U-Joints soon enough and ended up with a cracked transmission. :(

The transmission that I have has three switches. The switch nearest the large end of the transmission broke off during removal. :unsure:

The middle switch had no wires and was severally damaged, probably damaged by the junkyard. :o

The third switch nearest the skinny end had two wires hanging off the switch and need to be reattached. One wire is holding on by several wire threads. :o

What are these switches called? I guess one of the switches is for the back up lights. I never had back up lights after the junkyard transmission was installed. :P

CIMG0330.jpg

CIMG0331.jpg

CIMG0332.jpg

CIMG0333.jpg

My flywheel is at the machine shop being milled and resurfaced. I'm leaving to pick up the flywheel in a few minutes. I'll take PICs of the flywheel and post the pic's when I return. :D

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

F4W60L tranny? According to my info the reverse light switch is the one at the very back, up near the shifter. All other trannys this is the neutral switch location. I'll dig some more.

Use a tester across the rear switch and place in reverse. If there is continuity, then that the reverse switch.

Thanks for the tip DatzenMike. Yes to your IIRC. the B210 4spd for '76 is an F4W60 and the one that I have has a #60 molded on it next to the Nissan Logo and a #3 by the middle switch. I got this transmission in '95 so I'm not sure what the transmission came out of but I guess it's a 60 series tranny.

I took close ups of each switch. I'd like to find one new one for the middle switch. Each switch has two metal prongs sticking up. I took a picture of each switch after the newly milled flywheel.

Norm's Auto Machine Shop resurfaced my flywheel for $55. North Cali -BAY AREA RATSUNS_ Norm does great work, if you need work done 707 765 6676 give him a call and ask questions. Norm used to race cars at the Petaluma Speedway. Just sayin' :P :D .

Here is my resurfaced flywheel. It's beautiful :cool: .

CIMG0335.jpg

This is the 1st switch closest to the large end of the tranny. It's blurry but the switch prongs are in good shape. Maybe you can see the #60 molded in the housing and a Nissan logo.

CIMG0336.jpg

This is the middle switch. One of the prongs is broken off. This is the switch I would like to replace.

CIMG0337.jpg

This is the third switch and the wires are hanging on to the prongs by wire threads.

CIMG0338.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas for rubber boots for my switches. I'm off to watch the SF Giants in the World Series, Texan is ahead 2-0. :o Go Giants ;) . Tomorrow