problem....

77_280Z

alright here is the problem i am running into, iv seen and read many posts about it but unable to find any answers on how to really fix it.

iv got a 77 280z, im having the problem to where none of my injectors are pumping except for my cold start injector.

the car will start and idle forever pretty much but i g to rev it itll only goto about 1500 to 200 rps than itll start dieing and backfire mildly..

im pretty much stumped on whats wrong with it. iv cleaned all the injector connections and everything in the dist.

iv used a test light on all the injectors and the only one that shows any power is the cold start one, and iv tried multiple tests on them still no power...

it could just be me and i may be way off but any help is gratefull. and anyone who is willing to lend a hand ill supply the beer! :cool:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ECU. Sounds like it's stuck in limp home mode, that happens when something goes wrong. I had nothing but problems with my '77. Thermal switch went bad, made the cold-start valve stay open. Or the AFM went bad, forcing limp-home or worse constant backfiring when it went lean. ECU went out 6 times in 2000 miles, always stuck in limp-home mode.

ECU. Sounds like it's stuck in limp home mode, that happens when something goes wrong. I had nothing but problems with my '77. Thermal switch went bad, made the cold-start valve stay open. Or the AFM went bad, forcing limp-home or worse constant backfiring when it went lean. ECU went out 6 times in 2000 miles, always stuck in limp-home mode.

dont tell me that.... lol

whats the sticker on the outside your ECU read?

to bad your all the way in camas, Id come by and lend a hand

the ecu that was hooked up numbers are a11-600 000k

the other ecu that came with the cars number is a11-601 000

the other weird thing is that the wires from the black connector for the injector relay all show up with no power but most the ones on the white clip show power....

almost forgot the ecu that was hooked up to begin with is also a nissan reman. unit.

well hopefully i can figure this out, how many prongs in the connector to the ecu should have power with just the key on?

i only found one with power..

and if someone has a good known ecu that will work on this car please let me know (eaither for me to barrow or to buy)

thanks so far guys..

• 1 month later...