510 brake booster help

thisisn8n

hi there, i recently bought a 72 510 wagon. its nearly completely stripped, but came with most of the things needed to get it back in running shape. I was told the 510 had a brake booster before but it was one of the parts the seller kept (was his parts car) anyway, its proving dificult to find a booster off of any b210, and was wondering any other booster swaps people are doing without too much fab work. i dont really want to have it remotely mounted. Ive seen the datsport one and others on some restore sites and such but am really looking to spend uner 100 bucks. thanx

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

620 trucks have a small booster to clear the steering column and the clutch master. I think there's a 3-4" pedestal/spacer to mount it out from the firewall.

if i wanted run the brakes without a booster. is there a plate that goes betwween the firewall to allow the master cylinder to bolt right up. right now theres a teardrop shape whole with four bolt wholes in the corners. but the master cylinder is just a circle with two bolt wholes (top and bottom)

Fab a 1/4" plate that is held by the 4 bolts. In the center have the hole for the back of the master and the two bolt holes to hold it on. You will have to source a push rod the correct length with adjustment that reaches the peddle.

Damn that's going to be hard to peddle. I know what my 620 was like when I forgot to connect the vacuum hose. I'm talking both feet!!

Fab a 1/4" plate that is held by the 4 bolts. In the center have the hole for the back of the master and the two bolt holes to hold it on. You will have to source a push rod the correct length with adjustment that reaches the peddle.

Damn that's going to be hard to peddle. I know what my 620 was like when I forgot to connect the vacuum hose. I'm talking both feet!!

Damn, thats no good. i thought some 510 didnt come wtih brake boosters

• 1 month later...