Datsun 720 2wd 240sx Engines?

Sabidee

Hey guys, Today I was browsing through and came upon Icehouse's 620 KA24E engine swap build/thread. So with his being a 620 and mine being a 720 I was wondering if anyone has possible answers to my questions. Just so that I cant get my info straight.

Can I achieve either the 240sx Ka24e or ka24de swap?

Does the Hardbody Truck Ka24e oil pan fit either? Will I have any issues with the oil pump clearance?

How about the Hardbody Truck Mounts also? Do they fit onto the ka24e or ka24de engine?

I am pretty sure I can use my transmission in my 720 for this swap? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance. I am asking these questions because I would like to get the parts in advance for a future swap.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been done many times. The 240sx KA24E motor will work if you put a D-21 oil pan and pick up tube on it OR use a D-21 KA42E motor to begin with. Only the KA24DE from a truck will work as it has the rear sump pan but this pan will not swap onto the car KA24DE motor. The KA24E EFI wire harness is the best to use as it is separate from the main harness. (don't know about the DE harness) The D-21 EFI harness is mixed in with the main body harness and a pig to sort out. Get an automatic ECU as they don't have the problematic rev limiter of the standards.

Your 720 transmission will fit the KA24E/DE motor.