Throttle body vacuum connection problems

mirageshepard

I'm currently in the middle of redoing my vacuum lines on my 86 nissan hardbody nap z2.4I (throttle body injection). Since I found out a couple days ago that before I got it this truck it has had atleast 1 engine (possibly 2) changes & it has seen atleast 3 shotty mechanics. I've got a vacuum diagram that I found on the net but it confuses me because right @ the throttle body are vaccum ports for hoses (in diagram) but I can only find 1 port on throttle body & its @ bottom on the rear left. I've so far got the diagram right from canister (cap top vacuum hose) to TVV then it splits off from there but still I don't see where all the vacuum hoses go to the throttle body....many thanks in advance!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, some diagrams are confusing. There is often a tee with several hoses but shown as separate connections.

Try this one:

86720electroinjection.jpg

I've done the best I could with it, do to things not being exact because of other people that have worked on this in the passed & things not where there suppose to be.....it runs steady but its weak. I just changed plugs & that didn't really do much but they were looking rough (build up on 1 side of plug & smutty or black). IF I remember right, you said something a while back about removing emissions vacuum being a bad idea (in not so exact words) so I'm trying to keep everything under the hood. It still doesn't have the pep that it did when it was runninig really well 1 day & wouldn't start the next. I'm getting NGK wires & some sort of washable air filter next week & if the work I've done with the vacuum lines & replacing routine stuff doesn't do the trick then I guess I just gota tough it out till I can get the cash for the KA. Oh yeah I tried to run codes from computer, even thats not acting right because when I wait for mode selection it doesn't select modes it just go's straight to giving me 23 24 23 24.....etc etc etc. Any help is appreciated.

Someone on another forum asked for pics so I thought it would be a good idea to show them here as well

I hope I'm posting this correctly, I hope these pics are the right size & in order as the titles I've listed.

Keep in mind that my TVV is a 3 port.

metal tubes on side of intake

0906101618.jpg

Vacuum line from air cleaner to top port on TVV

0906101620.jpg

Y connection for top port on canister & EGR + BPT to middle port on TVV

0906101622a.jpg

connections to EGR + BPT

0906101627.jpg

this is the vacuum port on the back left of the throttle body

0906101629.jpg

I hooked the vacuum hose coming from that port on the throttle body to the bottom port on the TVV because I didn't know where else to put it

0906101629a.jpg

this is a little brass or copper looking vacuum tree that I just put a hose on 1 of the 2 ports & capped off the other port. (you can even see the top port on the TVV where the air cleaner vacuum hooks to)

0906101626.jpg

.... because when I wait for mode selection it doesn't select modes it just go's straight to giving me 23 24 23 24.....etc etc etc. Any help is appreciated.

Warm engine.

Tranny in neutral or auto in PARK

Be sure mode is set to OFF.

turn motor off.

turn ignition on (not start)

both mode lamps must stay ON

turn mode selector to ON

make sure 23 and 24 is displayed

depress gas peddle and release

only 24 should be displayed

depress clutch and place in any gear let up clutch. auto shift into any gear

depress clutch and shift back to neutral and auto into PARK