510 neutral switch, and random brake wire

izzo

First, there is a yellow with green (or blue) wire coming off the brake valve, its hooked to a switch on there i can take a picture if needed. What is it for? Def not brakes as there is a switch in the car for it...

Second, while i was looking thru the wiring diagram for that mystery brake wire, i noticed these cars had a neutral safety relay or something? I don't see anything like that for my car, tho it was an automatic and is now manual.. Either way, id like to know what that wire coming off the brake valve is for.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this is a brake pressure differential switch. If one of your brake components develops a leak the pressure difference will cause this switch to ground and illuminate the brake light in the dash. I think it may be grounding the same circuit as the parking brake switch.

Also, this part is labeled as "Assy-Switch Brake Indicator" in the parts look-up.

As for the neutral relay, I wonder if it was bypassed after the manual conversion. If the starter cranks then you are probably ok and it's been done already.

I believe this is a brake pressure differential switch. If one of your brake components develops a leak the pressure difference will cause this switch to ground and illuminate the brake light in the dash. I think it may be grounding the same circuit as the parking brake switch.

Also, this part is labeled as "Assy-Switch Brake Indicator" in the parts look-up.

As for the neutral relay, I wonder if it was bypassed after the manual conversion. If the starter cranks then you are probably ok and it's been done already.

You rock, thats a good bit of info. Thank you! My parking brake light does not work, unsure why. I have checked the light, cleaned the socket & board etc. Maybe its time to replace the parking brake switch? Anyone know if these are still avail--The one inside the car?

found the assy indicator on carpartsmanual, nissan.cc probably has it

Eh, (assy switch) 46100-U5200 on nissanparts.cc is 180ish dollars, ill assume thats for the entire unit. ill have to take the sensor out and head over to napa maybe, find something in their parts book.

E-Brake switch nissan part # 36011-H1900

Edited by h2theizzo

I think you can try grounding the wires at the switches (pressure differential and parking brake) to see if the bulb, wiring and instrument cluster are ok before replacing parts.

I was hoping to find a better wiring diagram but this is the best i could find on the internet.

th_510OWM0184-1.jpg

Good luck

I think you can try grounding the wires at the switches (pressure differential and parking brake) to see if the bulb, wiring and instrument cluster are ok before replacing parts.

I was hoping to find a better wiring diagram but this is the best i could find on the internet.

th_510OWM0184-1.jpg

Good luck

Yeah ill try ground them out first and see what happens

I have every wiring diagram for just about every datsun up until 85. I just didn't see it maybe. If you need any wiring diagrams let me know, think im going to head out and ground the wires and see what happens.