Door Tag

I noticed that my 610 is missing its door tag, the one that states:

"This vehicle conforms to all applicable federal motor vehicle safety standards in effect on the date of manufacture shown above"

I have a donor tag, but I fear that the GVWR numbers are off, as this one is from a wagon. All the items shown are correct, including the year. The VIN is for a wagon, though... :mellow:

Is there someone who makes these, and if so, at what price? I want this car to be complete, but the more I put together, the more I find missing... :angry:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that my 610 is missing its door tag, the one that states:

"This vehicle conforms to all applicable federal motor vehicle safety standards in effect on the date of manufacture shown above"

I have a donor tag, but I fear that the GVWR numbers are off, as this one is from a wagon. All the items shown are correct, including the year. The VIN is for a wagon, though... :mellow:

Is there someone who makes these, and if so, at what price? I want this car to be complete, but the more I put together, the more I find missing... :angry:

why do you need one??

i know that i only had one VIN number on my firewall and i went to CHP and they gave me a new one for my door jamb and installed it for me. because you have to have at least two on your vehicle and i didnt have one on the dash.

I have contacted him before. His reply was the cost to just one would be a lot higher than the ones he already sells.

With that being said, Thank You for the link. Buying one, using some kind of metal cleaner, etching or printing the revised information may be a superb option to no plate at all...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.