SR20DET wire tuck Info

i am looking to hide as much as possible on my sr20det before i swap it in a car....how do i go about doing this???i will post pics of my sr20det so you can see...any help and pics would be greatly appreciated ...here you go some pics, ive done my share now you guys do yours :lol:... im thinking about putting it in a 510 in the near future ....

DSC01234.jpg

DSC01233.jpg

DSC01232.jpg

DSC01231.jpg

DSC01230.jpg

DSC01229.jpg

DSC01228.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Running an aftermarket Greddy/Freddy Intake Plenum Definately helps hide things a lot better and really cleans things up... the tougher things to hide are the CAS sensor wires going across the front as well as the wires to the MAF, as they run across the front of the engine near the valve cover.

I'm running my harness in the next few days, so I'll post pics of what mine looks like. I like clean, but a whole tuck seems overkill for me... there isn't that much I think I can do with the injectors and I'd rather run the wires across the front with the vacuum lines to the Recirc Valve and the Wastegate, as it's a shorter and easy path to get there.

Here's a pic on mine currently sans harness and I think it's decently clean.... In the pic my clips/brackets aren't on yet in the front for the vaccuum lines and wiring, but they go across the VC right up top and look decently clean if done right.

EngineBay1.jpg

I'm not thinking the harness with complicate it too much, as I took everything off it I didn't need and re-wrapped it to be as clean as possible.

Running an aftermarket Greddy/Freddy Intake Plenum Definately helps hide things a lot better and really cleans things up... the tougher things to hide are the CAS sensor wires going across the front as well as the wires to the MAF, as they run across the front of the engine near the valve cover.

I'm running my harness in the next few days, so I'll post pics of what mine looks like. I like clean, but a whole tuck seems overkill for me... there isn't that much I think I can do with the injectors and I'd rather run the wires across the front with the vacuum lines to the Recirc Valve and the Wastegate, as it's a shorter and easy path to get there.

Here's a pic on mine currently sans harness and I think it's decently clean.... In the pic my clips/brackets aren't on yet in the front for the vaccuum lines and wiring, but they go across the VC right up top and look decently clean if done right.

EngineBay1.jpg

I'm not thinking the harness with complicate it too much, as I took everything off it I didn't need and re-wrapped it to be as clean as possible.

yea that looks real good...i bought some heavy duty degreaser...it didnt help much...i wish i had a greddy manifold but they are so damn expensive...i think i will have to hide all my wires under the stock manifold

Honestly... the knockoff Intake Plenums are so ridiculously close and only need a little prep work or cleanup/de-burring to be in most accounts, the same... It's only aluminum and the casting is identical... it's just that the finish work isn't done and the GReddy sticker isn't on it. I got mine for like 100 and some change, did some cleanup and am good to go... If you're at all handy, it's not worth it to spend the huge bucks on the name brand pieces.

Plus, where it places the throttle body is totally different and in my case, a much better location for piping/looks/rotation