Wheel questions...

Logical1

Hey all, I have finally saved up enough to pick up some new wheels and tires. I'm looking at Rota RB's in a 16" +22 offset. I have stock rear suspension and 280 suspension up front. I have rolled my fenders but being as I don't want to run flares and am going to be ordering them online and not really returnable, I want to get them right. I am planning on putting 205/40/16 on the wheels so they will be very low profile. My thoughts are if I get a bigger +offset I can get spacers if they don't clear my suspension, However If I go vise versa.. I'm just screwed. The wheels alone are $500 with shipping and the tires I'm looking at are about $300 That seems unbeatable. I have done measurements as best I can, checked fitment posts & sites, But I value our Datsun Communities input greatly. I know a 15" wheel would be an easier fit, But I really like the look of the larger wheels with lower profile tires and there are alot more tire options for 16" wheels. Anybody else have this size wheel & tire front & back? Thoughts? suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same size wheel and tire I run on the wagon only difference is I run a 510 strut not a ZX you will have to run a spacer in the front with longer studs because of the hub offset of the ZX as opposed to the 510

Clayton

yup. spacer/extended studs on zx struts.

...oh, and 40 series tires absolutely suck to drive on anything but butter-smooth roads...so if you're daily driving anywhere other than smooth freeway onramps...or track days...might wanna go to a 45-series tire.

Thanks for the input/info! Guess I'll Order The wheels/tires and then check what I will need for spacers up front. Anybody got a good link for cheap spacers? Also I know ultra slim tires ride like shit, but my dime rides like a go-cart already with cut springs and stiff springs/shocks, She built for speed not comfort ;)