SCCA Runoffs

djmoreron

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so happens that Datsuns are alive and well in the NW in road racing. Myself and a buddy of mine have Z cars that we do all the west coast enduros. And some sprint races. His car is a 70' 240 that he just finished on the podium at Thunderhills 25hr enduro in a class with GT3 rs Porches and there was even a Crawford Daytona prototype car. Of cours the Crawford won. But not bad to be on the podium in a 25hr long event.

Old Datsuns never die. They just keep racin'

We also have a vintage group up here called SOVREN the only allows cars up to 69' unlike most vintage groups that go to 72'. Rumor has it they didn't want the Z's cause they would mop up the old 911's

I seen the race on SPEED too.

it was awesome to see the old Datsuns run up front.

Did you see the roadster run off track? He caught it the first time and it actually worked for him. But the 2nd time he went off he slid it out and tagged the wall.

Still managed to finish tho.

That would have been the G Production race. Some great racing between the two at the front.

I raced my '71 Datsun 1200 in the Runoffs GT Lite race. The car has been a racecar since '73 and hasn't seen too many upgrades since the early 80's, but it still qualified ahead of a third of the field. :thumbsup:

Patten1200Track7.JPG