What Would you do... for LeMons/ChumpCar?

Surbski

After racing a tube frame Datsun 510.... and staring at my '72 510 trying to figure out what to do with it.... I found an incredible deal on a '69 2-door 510 out of Omaha.

Pretty rusty, but solid in most of the right places for racing... where it wasn't solid, we more than overcompensated with added steel chassis when installing the cage.

The stock L16 seemed pretty solid, maybe even built at one time (pyrometers in the headers). The previous owner claimed it is a 5-speed, but didn't seem to find 5th... but maybe?

In short, we raced it and were less than impressed.

Sooooo.... WHAT WOULD YOU DO to "race" prep this car on the cheap of the cheap--after all, it is $500 CrapCan racing.

www.strangeracing.org

Would love to hear your thoughts... didn't know if this would be the right place to start this thread, or technical....

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:( too bad. those 510's look nicer than my first one! almost as nice as the ones i have now.:blink: i hope it doesn't end up the peoples curse, i've seen on youtube what can happen. anyways your prob. not going to get too much HP from a L16 . maybe throw a weber on it. and electronic ignition?