Wiring a NAPS Z24 Distributor

Spades

So I am putting a 8 plug napsz in place of my worn out 4 plug z20s. The distributor for the 8 plug has 4 wires going to the distributor instead of just two. I am guessing it fires the intake and exhaust spark plugs at the same time, but rather than just guess...it would be nice to know what wire goes where.

If no one has ever done this, I will get a wiring diagram for a pick up and figure it out...I am just feeling lazy so if anyone had done the swap before, I figured asking here first would be easiest.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you likely have this dizzy:

Z244wiredistributorcalisingleordual.jpg

The separate white wire with black plug is for shutting off the exhaust side. Ignore this wire as you need a vacuum switch and other wiring and it will run fine without this feature. Otherwise RED goes to the negative side of one of the coils. BROWN is the +12 volt supply to run the dizzy and should only be on when ignition is on run and start. WHITE/BLUE goes to the negative side of the other coil. Collect +12 to both +positive coil terminals from a switched source on the fuse box.

Don't sweat which coil is for intake and which one is for the exhaust... they both fire together.