help with l20 identifcation

jrock4224

So what a distinguishing code or mark on a l20 that i can verify that its a l20... got a motor over the weekend, well excuse me got most a 620 pickup minus the truck this weekend and wanna make sure its a l20 before i tear er down....its on a hand truck so i ahvent had much time to look at it just the oil filter side thats facing out... so just curious what to look for he sayss its a l20 but wanna make sure...got the tranny and pretty much everything suspension wise driveline wise and disc brake wise.... pretty sure all I am gonna use its the motor tranny combo...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

look at the oil filter side right between cyl 3 and 4. There will be a stamp L20 and then that particular engine ID

IMG_0007-11.jpg

(this is an l28 but its tagged the same way)

you can see the flat spot where there stamped between 5 and 6 in this pic

IMG_0005-16.jpg

that is a very nice powdercoated black wronkle valve cover sir....too bad i didnt do it for you ... am trying to pick up these parts tonight and if i do i wwill share my bounty with you guys via pictures...gotta quit a pull... hes even got a truck forsale thats all there and suppose to be a 2.0 with a 5sp, and a weber that he wants 1200 for .... body aint the best but its all factory color and panels ...

that is a very nice powdercoated black wronkle valve cover sir....too bad i didnt do it for you ... am trying to pick up these parts tonight and if i do i wwill share my bounty with you guys via pictures...gotta quit a pull... hes even got a truck forsale thats all there and suppose to be a 2.0 with a 5sp, and a weber that he wants 1200 for .... body aint the best but its all factory color and panels ...

rattle can actually, came out ok for can and no oven.

Id like to have a winkle powdercoat in it instead