General parts query???

I'm thinking of tearing into an A15 for a rebuild. Talking to my local Nissan parts guy and he tells me there are no factory mid 70's B210 cams available any more. How tough are the cams? Can I run a used one? Or should I just stick with the detuned smog cam of the 81 310 that this engine came out of.

Piston's? Can't help me on pistons without the vehicle vin number?

Anyway, thats what I'm getting from the Nissan dealer. I'd like to know if I can get stock pistons with more of a dish than the stock 310's pistons?

That is what I'm running into and would greatly appreciate any help from you "experts".

Thanks in advance!

Kurt.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see no problem with running a used cam.

Before the '81 model year both the A14 and A15 used the same cam Nissan # 13001 H6200. From '81 on the A14 continued to use the old cam but the A15 started using a Nissan 13001 H9800 cam. If you ask for an A14 cam this should be the one you want.

The A13 and the A14 as far back as '74 B-210 used the H6200 cam so there are a lot out there.Try asking Pumpkn he's into B-210s.