rim question

hey guys i will be acquiring a 510 soon, and as the paint on it now is old and it clearly looks like crap, it will be getting primed now, then painted this winter. but i wanna get some rims on it now, and do a few other things :) so what you guys think about these? there pretty cheap, and i like the looks of them, and im plannin on doin white as main color, and red as a secondary color

is this ofset guna be ok? how far will they stick out? anyone run this ofset? or what is the "optimal" ofset to be runing? i like them to stick out a bit, as i will have zg flares on it.

My link

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

16x9 -13 ..... 225/45/16 tires.... stock camber / mini tubs,, no suspension travel left... BRE flares (absolutely no room for any bigger tires, or wider rims)

545102.JPG

545104.JPG

ZG flares might have a little more clearance,,,,, but unless you love wierd camber...... you should stick to a 15x9 +0

That dark blue 510 above with 15x8's must have 280zx struts because stock 510 struts stick the wheels out ~3/4" more than 280zx struts.......

15x9 would be WAY too wide for stock 510 steering components

16x9 -13 ..... 225/45/16 tires.... stock camber / mini tubs,, no suspension travel left... BRE flares (absolutely no room for any bigger tires, or wider rims)

545102.JPG

545104.JPG

ZG flares might have a little more clearance,,,,, but unless you love wierd camber...... you should stick to a 15x9 +0

do you have a full set of those 16x9? Ill pay cash money.

No...

I am waiting to win the lottery so I can buy some matching front wheels..... :lol: ......... they were $650 each plus tax.... plus air shipping from Japan (and 3 weeks for them to make the wheels) ....... Total for 2 wheels: $1650 without tires

The car was cheaper (still is)........ I want a 16X8 -20 for the fronts,,, but they only offer: (16x8 +0....and 16X8.5 -6)

Watanabes don't have enough room for big brakes..... they fit the 11.5" 300zx rotors in the back with 2 piston calipers,,, but they don't fit the 12.2" front rotors with 4 piston calipers....... So I'll be running miss-match wheels forever...... I'm glad I only bought 2 wheels:

33355548.JPG

rediow2.jpg

That is a 16x9 -13 wheel with stock 510 struts,,,, and the wheel almost hits the coilover perch..... .. definitely no way your fitting any tires without big spacers