temp prob and mystery wire

I have a 86 hardbody with z2.4i. My temp gauge does not work but all other gauges work to the best of my knowledge, I tried to see if it was the gauge or the unit under the thermostat housing, but I tried grounding out the wire to see if the gauge moves with key on, but nothing. I then used a test light out of curiosity & 1 of the contacts in the connector has a pulse to it (test light flashes) with key on, maybe thats some sort of relay or power up device thats in-line that causes that...dunno but it confused the hell out of me. My next mystery is right beside the temp unit is this square type connector that looks light brown in color (maybe was white once upon a time) that has or had a clip in the shape of a square missing 1 side that looks like it held it on once upon a time, but while I was looking around the temp unit feeling around it for damage and cleaning off any debri I felt something drop in my hand in 2 pieces & it happen to be the square connector with the clip, it was mangled so bad I'm gonna have to find another end & splice it on as soon as I figure out what it is. I glanced over the wiring diagrams in my repair manual but nothing caught my eye so I figured I would be lazy & pick the brains of some real talented people...any advice is appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic