210 Bumper question?

I'm trying to get off my bumpers to get ready for paint, and I'm trying to remove the rear bumper from the shock.(the mounting bolts are facing towards the gas tank and can't be reached)

From looking at it, the only thing holding on the is a giant allen head bolt that's ROCK SOLID in there. Any tricks to getting it out, or am I doing something wrong?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I pulled mine without removing the gas tank, cant remember how. Hat to look it over a couple times to figure it out!

And the big allen facing down is the only way to get the bumper off the shock.

Dont have my service manual here and this computer sucks!

yeah the first time i painted my 210 i just taped the rear bumper off, however i did remove it at some point and replaced it when i found a donor rig that gave me everthing, i just dont remember how i got it off. on one of the bolts i ground it down and welded a bar on and did it that way, but i cant remember if it was on the bumper or when i did an axle swap, p.s. if you weld your diff, make shure it doesnt leak when your done. spining a 360 on a busy road and not being able to move is not fun. haha