82 4x4 720

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes install a KA24E. Fits to the 720 tranny and the rad hoses match.

OK most bang for the buck is a Weber 32/36 carb. Best is a direct replacement from Redline. Has everything and everything connects up... no missing parts and it's already dialed in and works. Forget the exhaust, the Z series motors don't rev high enough to notice any gains from a header or larger muffler. Beware cams promising lots of lift and duration. Because of head design and valve angles, too much of either and the valves will touch.

Okkk, I suppose I should be more specific. The engine was just rebuilt so it has like 2 miles on it, its been a long slow project that is finally done (12 years) just here and there obviously ANYWAY everything was free so I figured why not and never stop to look into mod's of any kind while it was being done it has just been a get it done kind of thing which wasnt smart cause I could have built the mods into it BUT ANYWAY so I dont want to put a new engine into it I want to mod the 1 in it, i'm not trying to make a crawler or anything of that nature I just want it to get up and go alittle better.